No matter what’s going on in the world, our health is always a top priority. Now more than ever! There are minor adjustments you can make each day that will help you boost your immunity and stay energized!
These are natural ways you can keep yourself feeling your best! Implement these tips for the rest of the month and feel the difference!
- Stay active- Exercise offers so many health benefits. Try to move your body for at least 30 minutes each day. Even if that means getting outside for a brisk walk, that’s perfect!
- Stay hydrated- Keeping your body hydrated throughout the day is proven to boost energy levels and brain function. The amount of water you should be consuming each day is:
- 11.5 cups (2.7 liters) a day for women
- 15.5 cups (3.7 liters) a day for men
- Book a massage- Incorporating monthly massage into your health and wellness is shown to boost immunity, aid in stress relief and decrease tension throughout the body.
- Aromatherapy can help in relieving tension and stress. Research shows that inhaling lavender and rosemary essential oils reduces cortisol levels, which can help boost the immune system. Add aromatherapy to your next massage session at LaVida Massage!
- Reduce salt and sugar intake- You don’t have to deprive yourself of your favorite, yummy foods but making sure you eat your sweets in moderation will keep you feeling your best.
With allergy season in full force, there are natural ways to keep the sneezing and congestion at bay! Use these remedies in the comfort of your own home.
- Saline Spray- You can find saline spray at your local drugstore. This will help keep your nasal passages from drying out.
- Purchase a dehumidifier- Dehumidifiers can limit the growth of mildew and mold that can negatively impact allergies.
- Diffuse essential oils- Some notice allergy relief when diffusing peppermint oil, eucalyptus oil and frankincense oil.
- Vitamin D- If you’re Vitamin D deficient (like all of us here in Michigan) talk to your doctor who can recommend appropriate supplementation.
We hope you have a healthy, fun and allergy-free spring! Enjoy the sunshine, and the new blooms while feeling your best!